When I first started affiliate marketing I thought the only difference between me and successful affiliates was that I didn’t have the right traffic source. The reason why I wasn’t making money wasn’t due to my strategy it was due to my channel. I had this mentality for a long time, but as I grew into a successful affiliate I grew out of that thought process. Now, recently, one of the affiliates on my . . . course spent several minutes explain to me how they weren’t successful due to them having the wrong traffic source, and it reminded me: that’s exactly how I used to think.
You can’t always blame your traffic source, sometimes you’re the one that’s making the error.
There are several traffic sources out there, Propeller ads, Zeropark, Adcash and Avazu DSP to name a few. If you’re using one or several of them and you’re not doing as well as you think you should don’t fall into the trap of thinking it’s the source. If other affiliates are making tens of thousands or more, through the traffic sources I listed then the traffic sources can’t be the problem.
Evaluate what you’re doing, evaluate your campaign, because traffic source is less than half the battle. Yes, they’re important, but it takes a lot more to make a campaign successful and profitable.
• Are you using the right landing page scripts and technology such as good hosting to maximize conversion rates?
• Is the campaign targeted correctly? For example, are you hitting the right demographic or is you site placement in the best bid position possible
• When is your campaign doing best? Pull stats and see what times and days you campaign is most effective.
• How good are you landing page?
• Have you worked with each offer available in your vertical or GEO
• Are your angles tried and tested?
• What do your campaign and strategies have that puts you a step above other affiliates?
• Are your ads effective? If not, why?
• Have you split tested the same offer or similar offers across several networks
There must be over one hundred points that I evaluate when looking at a campaign. I’m not saying you have to do the same, but the more you analyse the better. The best affiliates will be able to make a profit from almost any traffic source, whether they’re the best traffic sources or not.
The most vital thing to have in affiliate marketing is the correct approach and an open mindset, so you don’t limit your poor performances to one element. More than likely there’s one thing you need to adjust in order to improve your performances. Repetition is the key to success, keep launching campaigns, keep split testing offers and keep spying on what your competition is running.
Don’t soak in information from various affiliate platforms and do nothing with it. Put what you learn into action.
Remember: affiliate marketing is an industry where you’re constantly learning. I’ve been in this industry for longer than I can remember, and I’m still learning. If you want to use everything I have learned and guarantee success, and I mean guarantee, then you can join the mobile immersion area today.